Stephanie Bettman is at the least a triple threat. An accomplished writer, singer, and
ﬁddler: her lyrics are infused with wit and wisdom, poetry and insight. Vocally she draws
A dynamic and sensitive vocalist himself, the harmony blend he and Bettman achieve is chilling and at times simply transcendent. Halpin has a long history in the music biz, having shared the stage with the likes of Merle Haggard, Lone Star and The Steve Miller Band (to name a few). His quirky sense of humor is a perfect foil to Stephanie’s dry witty presence.Together, Bettman & Halpin are fast earning a reputation for hypnotizing performances ﬁlled with irresistible lyrics, transcendent harmonies and roof-raising instrumentals. They have been a featured act at the Walnut Valley Festival in Winﬁeld, KS along with musical heroes Byron Berline, Michael Martin Murphy w/ Pat Flynn, and Tommy
Their music creates a fully acoustic, delightfully eclectic sound far greater than the sum of its parts: taking the listener from up-tempo down home ﬁddlin’, to soulful sorrowful ballads, to super hooky folk/pop with catchy melodies and lyrics that will stick with you long after the concert is over. Touring nationally together since 2008, Bettman & Halpin have been recognized in various Regional and National competitions, including:
• Grand Prize Winners in the So Cal Live Acoustic Music Competition
• Winners in Southern California’s Topanga Banjo / Fiddle Contest
• Music Connection’s Top 25 New Music Critiques
• Their 2 CDs have received national and international radio play and critical acclaim,
both reaching the top 10 on the National Folk DJ chart.
• They are currently working on a Live CD as well as their 3rd studio release.